Parker Compressed Air Microbial Test Unit (CAMTU)
$1,228.00 / EA
- Manufacturer: Parker Balston
- Product Family: CAMTU
- Inlet Connection: 1/4 in. FNPT
- Max. Inlet Pressure: 1/4 in. FNPT
- Product Type: Test Units
Parker Balston Compressed Air Microbial Test Unit (CAMTU). A complete kit which includes: CAMTU Sampling Device, DFU Assembly, Timer device, Tubing ¼" OD, Regulator/Metering Assembly, Sanitizing spray bottle, Shut off valve, and Petri dishes (20 each).
Identify Sources of Contamination in Compressed Air and Improve Food Safety
Compressed air is used in a broad range of applications in the food processing industry, such as mixing of ingredients, cutting, sparging, drying of product, transporting/propelling product through processing systems and packaging of final product. In many of these applications, compressed air is in direct contact or indirect contact with food product. The impurities in the compressed air may contaminate the food product which can result in change of color and taste, reduced shelf life, in addition to exposure to bacteria and other micro-organisms, can result in product recalls.
Compressed air is warm, dark and contains moisture which is the ideal environment to promote the production of microbes. These microbes migrate through the entire compressed air system and are released at exit points, critical areas that food, packaging or surface areas come in direct contact.
Recently, Safe Quality Foods (SQF) released a 7th edition amendment in sections 10.5.7 and 11.7.5 stating, compressed air used in the manufacturing process shall be clean and present no risk to food safety. Others have also identified compressed air as a source of contamination and risk to food safety.
Features & Benefits:
- Lightweight and ergonomically designed for ease of use
- Constructed of durable polypropylene - easily sanitized
- Pre-filled petri dishes with specialized tryptic soy agar designed to hold up to compressed air flow/pressure
- No electrical supply required
- No refrigeration required for the petri dishes – 300 day shelf life
- Quick sampling time – 20 seconds
- Complete kit with connection tubing, pressure regulator/metering orifice, shut off valve, timer and petri dishes