W-UC-50-R-30-SS Cardinal Natural Cotton, 50 μm, 30-3/16 in, 304 SS Core, DOE
- Refine Search: Particulate
- Product Type: Cartridge
- Product Family: W Series
- Cartidge Inside Diameter: 1 in.
- Cartridge Outside Diameter: 2-7/16 in.
- Core Cover Material: None
- Core Material: 304 Stainless Steel
- End Cap Configuration: Double Open End (DOE) without Gaskets
- Filter Rating: 50 Micron
- Length: 30-3/16 in.
- Materials: Natural Cotton (unbleached)
- Max. Operating Temperature: 250°F (49°C) @ 35 PSID
- Micron: 50 Microns
- Seal Material: None
Effective removal ratings at nominal 90% efficiency from 0.5 µm to 150 µm
Wound Depth Cartridge Design and Function
Wound cartridges provide true depth filtration utilizing thousands of tapered filtering passages of controlled size and shape.
Each layer of roving contributes to true depth filtration by trapping its share of particles. Wound cartridges offer a gradual pressure increase during cartridge life versus surface-type media that have an abrupt flow cutoff when loaded. In addition, the irregular outer layer reduces surface blinding, assuring longer cartridge life and full cartridge dirt-holding capacity utilization.
- Multiple-length cartridges minimize change out time, eliminate spacers and are available to fit any industry standard filter vessel.
- FDA grade polypropylene (DOE only) cartridges certified to ANSI/NSF61 standard for contact with drinking water components.
- Continuous strand-winding geometry provides performance consistency.
- One-piece metal extended center core option eliminates need for cartridge guides in all industry standard multi-cartridge vessels.
- A special snap-in extender is available for polypropylene cores.
- Cotton, rayon, polypropylene, nylon and polyester materials meet FDA regulations for indirect food contact under 21CFR177 (current revision).
- Various O-ring and end cap options are available.
- Photo Solutions
- Potable Liquids
- Edible Oils
- Vegetable Oils
- Petroleum Oils
- Organic Acids & Solvents
- Prefilter for RO Membranes
- Oxidizing Agents
- Concentrated Alkalines